The Crisis Center of Comal County is dedicated to providing crisis and prevention services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. The agency provides a safe environment where individuals can make educated non-biased decisions about their futures.
No appointment necessary for immediate crisis intervention and advocacy services.
Call the 24-hour crisis hotline at 1-800-434-8013 for more information.
The center provides services to women, children and men of all ages. These services include 24-crisis line, shelter, counseling, support groups, legal advocacy, assistance with filing for child support, case-management, victim’s advocacy, transportation, information/referral and community education/prevention.
- 24/7 on call crisis responder
- 24-hour crisis hotline staffed by trained advocates
- Advocates respond to clients in crisis to provide support and referrals
- Advocates accompany clients to medical, legal, or criminal service providers
- Individual counseling and support groups
- Counselors work with clients of all ages on overcoming effects of victimization
- Children's play therapy
- Groups focus on the cycle of violence and life-skills
- Support groups for children are curriculum based and focused on developing healthy coping skills and fostering relationships
- 24-hour emergency shelter for all victims
- Residents can receive all services offered
- Residents work toward self-sufficiency away from violence
- Assist in preparing protective orders, affidavits, and police reports
- Courtroom support and accompaniment
- Escort clients to law enforcement and criminal justice offices
- Aid in completing crime victim compensation claims/assist with VINE
- Provide services focused on identifying and reaching goals
- Safety planning
Community Outreach and Education
- Offer education and presentations to local civic, educational and church groups about Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Participate in local resource fairs and provide support and educational groups
- Teen dating violence education
Information and Referral Services
- Provided through crisis line or in person by trained staff and/or volunteers
- Provides nurturing childcare and age-appropriate activities for children ages birth to 17 years in a residential setting.
- Activities are desogned to promote social, developmental and emotional growth.